Laguna Pueblo/Chiricahua Apache
The youngest of four children born to Daniel Pruitt and Geraldine Yahnozha, Chris was raised in Laguna Pueblo, New Mexico and continues to live in his boyhood village of Paguate. He began his work as a silversmith in 2006 when his “love for rocks, and working with metal was transformed into beautiful and unique pieces of jewelry.” He was mentored by his older brother and jeweler Pat Pruitt and by family friend Charlie Bird. Chris’ jewelry represents a contemporary style of silversmithing with a traditional touch. His techniques include but not limited to: fabricating, brazing, texturing, polishing and cutting and inlay of precious and semi-precious stones and wood. Along with his Silversmith title, Chris holds the title of Personal Chef backed by his Le Cordon Bleu training.
Photo Courtesy of Tom Taylor
- 2022 Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market, First Place Ring
- 2021 Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market, Second Place “Da Ring
- 2017 Santa Fe Indian Market First place, Zirconium and Inlay Belt Buckle Collaboration with Pat Pruitt.
- 2017 Santa Fe Indian Market First place, Lone Mountain Necklace
- 2014 Santa Fe Indian Market First Place “14k Diamond Spinning Earrings with Lone Mtn Turquoise.
- 2014 Santa Fe Indian Market Honorable Mention “18k Bisbee & Coral Bracelet”
- 2012 Santa Fe Indian Market First Place “#8 Bolo”
- 2012 Eiteljorg Museum Indian Fair & Market, First Place Inlay ” Love and Diamonds” Bracelet.
- 2012 Eiteljorg Museum Indian Fair & Market, Second Place Inlay “#8 Bolo”
- 2012 Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market, 1st place Division A: ” #8 Bolo “
- 2011 Santa Fe Indian Market, Best of Classification I: Jewelry. “Buckle Inlay with Lone Mtn. Turquoise, Coral & Diamonds”
- 2011 Eiteljorg Museum Indian Market and Festival, Second Place, “Inlay Earrings”
- 2011 Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market, 2nd place Division A: ” Bolo Tie”
- 2010 Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market, 1st place (Shared with my brother Pat) Division A: “Bolo Tie
- 2009 Santa Fe Inddian Market, Honorable Mention: Seedpot
- Loupen Fellowship
- Email: chris-at-chrispruittjewelry dot-com
- Phone: (505) 379-7090
Publications / As Seen In:
Ornament Volume 35 No.4 (Bolo Ties, Contempporary Neckwear of the West, page 32)
National Museum of the American INDIAN summer 2012 page 54
Native Peoples May/June 2012 page 41
Family of Restaurants I worked with (in my Chef days):
- Cowboy Caio: 7133 E. Stetson Drive Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Kazimierz World Wine Bar: 7137 East Stetson Drive Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Nobu at Teeter House: 622 E. Adams St. Phoenix 85004
- Cow Creek Fly Fishing Ranch: Pecos, NM 87552